Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can you use baby wipes for to clean up the dog? curious.

prettybutterfly Guest

can you use baby wipes for to clean up the dog? curious.

thanxs in advance.

Some of the baby wipes have an unusual smell to them either from the soap or some other chemical that's in the baby wipes. If I need to do a quick clean up, I just use a wet paper towel. It works the same as the baby wipes and doesn't leave any kind of soap/chemical residue on the dog's coat that the dog could possibly lick.
    Laurie and Spice

prettybutterfly Guest
    thats a good idea. but i was thinking the baby wipes with the soup and all would clean it a little bit better? and is the residue really that bad for the dog?

prettybutterfly Guest
    soap* not soup. lol

My Mood
    Busy
    I use infant wipes. I use it on her feet and butt if she um...made a mess back there

I use the puppy wipes from PetCo for her coat if she needs a wipe down.

I'm probably a little hyper when it comes to chemicals and exposure to pets. There are so many products on the market that may be safe for humans but can harm your pet.
    Laurie and Spice

HawaiiDoxieLover Guest
    What about the ones specially made for pets? I found some that I use on my disabled girl...to cut down on the cost, I use less by using half a wipe.

prettybutterfly Guest
    those are more expensive. the baby wipes are cheaper. i'm short on money and i want to save. but i'm not going to spend less on something that will potentially harm my sweet dachie. so i'll just stick with paper towel and water.

maddoxies Guest
    I use baby wipes for Heidi Ho Ho, my special needs girl, when I change her diapers. It has been a year now (between her foster mom and I) and she has not had any bad reactions (or diaper rash either).

She gives me a bit of a look when the cold wipe touches her bum. (We may be looking into the baby wipe warmer at ToysRUs.)

Another alternative, I bought a package of baby wash clothes to wash her too. I thought they would be more gentle on her skin as well.

Penny & Mags Guest
    I've used baby wipes on Penny & Mags for years with no problems. I buy the generic grocery store brand with aloe. I don't use them all that often, but I've found them helpful when someone rolls in something smelly in the yard and when they get frisky playing together in the muddy yard.

Heidi

The doggie bath wipes are about 1-2 dollars at target if you have one nearby.
    Beau, Bella, Hollie, Crosby & Alissa

My Mood
    Fine
    I use the face and body wipes but not often. I figure if you can use it on your face it should be okay for the occasional doxie wipe up!
    Janet
    Housekeeping staff for 2 Black and Tans:
    Sir Oliver & Tammy

Live simply. Love generously.
    Care deeply. Speak kindly.
    Leave the rest to God.

RIP Baby Girl Hope. I love you.

A word of caution about using baby wipes. I used to use them on my dogs, but one day I was cleaning Sassy's ears and she jerked her head. Apart of the wipe touched her eye. It happened so fast I still don't know what part touch her eye. Anyways her eye swelled completely shut! The vet said some of the chemicals in the wipes are fine for humans but not dogs, especially around the face. She ended up being fine, but it took a good week for the swelling to come down. Luckily there was no permanent damage. So never use around the head.
    Annie
    Mommy to Sassy, Barney, Nick, Itty, and little Mina Magnolia

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dogs already think I am - unknown

Buddy our first rescue7/2005-2/2006
    my baby boy Willie12/06 - 2/07
    Scotty Scooby Doo 7/02 - 8/08
    my first baby girl Silly 12/29/1999-11/03/2009
    Abbi Rose 3/08-1/20/2011

quavec Guest
    I used Huggies for sensitive skin wipes. I use them for a quick rub down and 'freshing up' session. A whole tub lasts me well into the year as I don't use them too often. The soaps in them can be bad for the eye areas. Remember, they are made for humans OTHER ends so like someone said, avoid the eye area and also the nose if possible.

prettybutterfly Guest
    i think it would be better safe then to be sorry and regret it later, so i'll stick with just paper and towels for now . thanxs that was helpful