Thread: Nitrofura Mono 100 mg

Nitrofura Mono 100 mg

has anyone ever used this for a UTI ???
    ~*~* Irma *~*~
    GUNNER, AND PETUNIA THE LITTLE BLACK AND TAN / DAPPLE WIENER'S THAT STOLE MY HEART FOREVER.
    Yahoo pics to Gunner

My Mood
    Bored
    It doesn't look familiar..........but, Teegan was on 4 different meds before we finally got rid of that UTI that he came to us with. I'll have to go downstairs and check his records. I know that he was on Clavamox - 2 different strengths. Have you tried adding NaturVet Cranberry Relief to the food of whoever has the UTI?

My Mood
    Breezy
    No, never heard of it. Dig was on Amox & Clavamox (after I asked for it).

He's doing better (KNOCK on wood) lately...but did have an accident today. I really think anxiety has something to do with it. I think he's been better since we've been walking them consistently. But, I should get him rechecked too.
    Amy
    SE WI ~

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    --Immanuel Kant

MMM--this is medication for me...not the pups, I should have said-Any humans ever use this.. I'm having a heck of a time...I'm supposed to use it 2X a day and can barely function with one.
    ~*~* Irma *~*~
    GUNNER, AND PETUNIA THE LITTLE BLACK AND TAN / DAPPLE WIENER'S THAT STOLE MY HEART FOREVER.
    Yahoo pics to Gunner

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Sounds like the dog version of Nitrofurontoin 100mg capsules that humans are prescribed for UTI's. The human version is usually a yellow and black capsule. How did it work?
    Peace, Cathy

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/647672
    In Loving Memory of Champ 1991-2007
    Link to Letter from Champ: http://www.dachsie.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=42440

I suffer from interstial cystitis which not many people are familiar with, so when I get a bladder infection on top of it I suffer super hard. The last med. I was on was cipro and it made the joints in my fingers ache, I had done some reading on nitrofuro and was thinking of asking my dr. about it bc I had heard it was pretty powerful in knocking out a uti. I guess all of those types of drugs have there darn side affects. What is it that its doing, now I am wondering about this one too. I usually take bactrim but the last time I took it , it only worked for awhile and then stopped.

It did its job but I did not care for it...I don't like to take a lot of medication, it realy made me drowsy and I had to take a day of from work.
    ~*~* Irma *~*~
    Yahoo pics to Gunner

My Mood
    Angelic
    Yeppers. I used to use Nitrofurantoin at that dosage for prophylaxis (of UTI's that is.)