Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mast cell tumor back & Bonnie the Scottie is limping

My Mood
    Pensive

Mast cell tumor back & Bonnie the Scottie is limping

Bonnie the Scottish Terrior has not been her normal self the past few months. When I returned from errands this afternoon, she didn't even jump down from her chair to greet me. i carried her outside and she peed then sort of stood there. She started limping badly and I carried her back in and that is when I felt the big lump on her left side near the front leg. It seemed to just pop out out of nowhere. At first I started blaming myself - how could I not have felt it sooner - but then I realized I had taken her to the vet a month ago for a 6 month check up plus blood work and the vet didn't find anything.

Sh*t and crap and all sorts of bad words. The first mast cell tumor was removed in September and the vet said the margins were all clean. She has been on an herb supplement Blood Palace since then. I emailed my vet to ask if she was working tomorrow (she works 1 Sat a month), but if not, I'll take Bonnie in on Monday or Tuesday, depending on their appt schedule.

Anyone have any positive experience with mast cell tumors? Our sheltie died at 15 years old and developed mast cell tumors during the last year of his life. But he had a heart murmer so we didn't do surgery. Plus Beau was 15 years old. But Bonnie is only 9 years old.....
    Rebecca
    Mocha Latte's mom
    Also mom to Peppercorn, pot belly pig; PJ, blue headed pionus parrot; Beckham, Norwich Terrier

So sorry to hear this - wish I had something to contribute besides and !

My Mood
    Breezy
    Same here, so sorry to hear this. I have no experience with mast cell tumors either.

My Mood
    Cheeky
    We're putting our paws together and will say BIg prayers for your little one. Please keep us posted as to your Vet appt.
    Kim
    ~Mom to Lovable Lily & Muffin (who have me wrapped around their heart's)

Check out our new Blog:
    http://www.lovablelily.blogspot.com/

My Mood
    Happy
    Im so sorry both you and Bonnie are going through this again. Sending and.

I'm sorry to hear this, Rebecca. I have no experience with a mass cell tumor either. Sendin' lots of and healing for sweet, Bonnie....and big (((HUGS))) for you, because I know how concerned you are for your girl. Keep us updated after you go to the vet.

Michelle & The Doxiefollies Villa including Gabriel, the Afghan Hound & Reagan, the Giant Schnauzer.
    The Doxiefollies Villa Greeting Cards~http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/stud...iefolliesVilla

My Mood
    Pensive
    Thanks for y'alls kind words. Today, Bonnie rolled over for a belly rub and I saw the entire tumor area was reddish/bruised looking, which I don't remember from the last time. Wednesday 8:30am appt for xray/perhaps ultra sound to see how far it has spread or if other tumors are present. Praying for right outcome for wee Bonnie McAndrews, the Scottish Lassie, and wisdom for me.
    Rebecca
    Mocha Latte's mom
    Also mom to Peppercorn, pot belly pig; PJ, blue headed pionus parrot; Beckham, Norwich Terrier

Prayers are going your way! My little Angel is being syringe fed and is 16. Your baby is much younger and I pray for God's healing for Bonnie. But I know the feeling of wanting to help your little one. God's peace to you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh my goodness Rebecca! Major prayers for her and you. Is it ok if I do some distance reiki healing for her?
    Amy and the Devilish Doxie boys Dexy, Oliver, Cody in our hearts forever Sydney 12/3/08 and Darby 1/8/11

My Mood
    Happy
    adding our & for Miss Bonnie. . I don't have any useful info to help though. hang in there
    Lori & the Wyatt Weiners - Cosmo, Joey, Miss Vanna, & Miss Opi

Prayers for your sweet baby.
    ~ElliKate (3/29/2012)

-LilaGrace -Rest in Peace my precious puppy (1/24/12-4/10/12)

My Mood
    Mellow
    When I was younger our Golden Retr. (who was very old) had developed it in his nose. No pain could be found by the vet and it was suggested to let him live out his days normally with a monthly checkup to see how it was growing. Age made removal a non-option and the vet I guess felt it could/would just come back possibly. So that's what my parents did and when it was time at his last checkup he came home, we spent our time loving him and then my Grandpa took him in as my parents just couldn't do it. It was devastating to them as he was their furkid. I was very angry/sad/hurting about the whole deal, he was my first fursib in the dog form. But I don't know the full extent other than what my Mom told me. I was oh .. around 13 or 14 at the time. I really don't have any good suggestions other than keep an eye on it and love love and more love like we did.

Hugs, loves and prayers for her and you
    Mina Weens? Jag älskar dem .. det är så enkelt.

Blog:
    Jibberish

My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by doxierock View Post
    Oh my goodness Rebecca! Major prayers for her and you. Is it ok if I do some distance reiki healing for her?
    Absolutely. Is there any additional info you need/would find helpful? Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.
    Rebecca
    Mocha Latte's mom

No, just your permission to do it. Mega prayers for your sweetie!
    Amy and the Devilish Doxie boys Dexy, Oliver, Cody in our hearts forever Sydney 12/3/08 and Darby 1/8/11

My Mood
    Pensive
    Bonnie is doing better - but who knows why? I found the bruised skin/squishy lump Friday afternoon, but on Monday when I went to look for it, I couldn't find it at first. Then I felt a small hard lump, but the rest of the area wasn't swollen anymore or bruised looking. Wednesday at the vet and she isn't sure what to make of it either. She tried to aspirate the lump but just got some blood/fluid from the skin because the small limp is very mobile. It was about the size of an almond in the round, a bit bigger than a pea. She said just keep on giving her the herbal supplement (Blood Palace which she has been on since her mast cell tumor surgery in August) and we'll check back in a week.

I am torn between being happy the big lump-which felt like a mast cell tumor- was gone, or as my partners thinks - the mast cell tumor burst and is metastisizing as we speak. In the meantime I am trying to boost nutrition - changing from feeding TOTW only to adding in Sojos for one of the two small meals, plus getting another salmon oil that the vet recommended. And we took the babies for a walk to the dog park and into the water for a brief moment - it was cold! Just a reminder to enjoy them every day.
    Rebecca
    Mocha Latte's mom